Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Nearing the End of One Chapter... And The Beginning of Another




Well, Folks, here we are. On December's doorstep.  Last weekend, Don and I celebrated 21 years of marriage, and today marks 4 years since our Central New York adventure began.  Both things have had lots of ups and downs....And, been fantastic journeys!  The former, I have always known would last a lifetime...the later, it turns out, is going to be a shorter journey than I imagined on that first day we pulled into the driveway...action-packed, to say the least, but short in the grand scheme of things!



During this new season, as we simply watch Issac grow, feed him, and keep him safe, we are preparing to move back to South-eastern Pennsylvania, hopefully by early April!

In order for that to come to fruition, we are/will be prayerfully acting upon whatever is in our control, and praying fervently about those things out of our control....and I'm at least trying not to worry or feel overwhelmed by it all! (Can I get an "Amen" from all of my fellow control-freaks and OCD friends!)



Yes, I do have a tendency to get caught up in the details of things when I don't need to be, so these next 5 or so months are going to be quite the growing experience for me!

Don began his new job...no, career, really, in Pennsylvania.  He's enjoying it.  Instead of agriculture, he's now repairing and building septic systems.  The great thing about it?  He's able to apply the vast body of knowledge he's accumulated over his adult lifetime from farming, sales, research and analysis of soil and plant life, equipment operation, mechanics, and technology, as well as his love for problem-solving, to this job.  It seems like a really good fit!

In the meantime, however, I have about six weeks of cosmetology school to go.  I just began working part-time as a "stylist-in-training" at a busy MasterCuts (Regis-owned) salon at the mall.  As soon as I graduate, I will be promoted to "stylist". Better yet, after at least 90 days with the company up here and a positive review from my manager, they will help me find a position in one of their salons near our future new home in Pennsylvania!

Speaking of which...


The trickiest part of this whole thing is the selling of one home and the buying of another.....250 miles apart!

We are doing all we can to prep this property for the real estate market by mid-December...





Meanwhile, Don is searching for our new home in PA.  Please, friends, keep this part in prayer for us! It's going to take serious trust and faith...in each other, as well as the Lord...for this!

We had a whopper of snow storm the week before Thanksgiving.  Most of it has melted by now, but I'm praying for the fortitude to get through this one last NY winter!


Maybe it will be more mild, like last year?  Regardless, I hope the right person or couple will fall in love with this property by March, even if it's under 2 feet of snow!  (Meanwhile, I'm imagining myself planting my new garden in PA on May 1st, instead of June 1st!)



In case you were wondering, we had a wonderful, but very brief, visit with family in PA for Thanksgiving. Don's mom is doing well.  We are all learning more about Huntington's disease each day.  Thankfully, we are now connected with the HDSA Center of Excellence at University of Pennsylvania's HD Center.   The professionals there have been very encouraging and informative. I'm looking forward to living close enough that I can drive Mom W. to some of her appointments, and spend some more time with her.

I'm also joyfully anticipating catching up with the rest of my family and close friends!





We still have quarts, pints, and flasks, of our delicious maple syrup for sale.  Makes a great gift, or serve it with your scrumptious Christmas morning breakfast!

This is my last post in this blog, but watch for a brand new blog in the new year.  I want to chronicle our journey back to PA, and the new adventures on which we are embarking....  

And, many, many thanks to my prayer warriors out there!

Merry Christmas!



2 comments:

  1. I know this transition, while welcome, is going to have it's challenges. Praying for you all and for the house to sell etc.

    We are thrilled you'll be closer to us again!

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for all your prayers, Deanna! When things get stressful, I will remind myself that I'm going to be able to get together with you regularly again for tea and lively conversation! Can't wait to meet the newest little ones, too!

    ReplyDelete