Sunday, January 19, 2014

In review....

I guess I should start by giving you a brief background.  Prior to moving here, my husband farmed close to 80 acres in Chester County, PA.  Farming is not just something you do.  It becomes part of who you are.  He's always been a visionary, had a passion for all-things-living, and a love of the dirt.  Good, honest hard work is important to him.  One does not give up farming easily, but after much prayer and seeking God's will for our family, we decided he should accept this position as a ZSM - zone support manager, for the Northeast for his seed company - still in agriculture, but not directly farming. So, we packed up our family - 4 kids, 4 horses, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 13 chickens and a guinea pig - and moved to Central NY.  These photos are from the 1st time I saw my new home: 




My husband bought this property without ANY input from me - yes, you heard me -  wrote a check without my ever having seen it!  I was in PA, "holding down the fort"  while he was up here working and house-hunting.  I was, admittedly, surprised, because of it's lack of open ground.  Farmers usually search high and low for tillable ground or good hay ground, but he's also an avid outdoorsmen, so I just went with it.  And, to his credit, the house itself was refurbished inside, ready to be moved into.  The surrounding ground left something to be desired.  We are steadily turning it into the little homestead we've always wanted. 
These photos are from our first couple of months in CNY.  All the snow has taken some getting used to.
                                             

 

                         

No comments:

Post a Comment