Sunday, June 29, 2014

Summer Beauty....



Hello, Friends!  Hope you are enjoying your summer as we head into July.  I've got friends all over the country from Alaska to Texas to Virginia.  My in-laws visited Maine and I have friends and family who spend time on the Cheasepeake Bay.  I LOVE to see everyone's photos! 


 I have a few June photos of my own to share.  We haven't gone anyplace exciting, yet, this summer, but some of us went down to Lancaster County, PA for a few days.... and we'll be going there, again, very soon. (Yippee!)

Plus, we are having some friends from PA visit us in July! 

Hoping to do some more hiking, now that I'm healed from my surgery, as there is so much natural beauty in CNY.   I will definitely share photos from those experiences!






Brilliant colors brighten our days here at Westbrook Farm this summer.  When I arrived home from my 4-day trip, I was delighted to find these and others blooming.












And, our daily walks through the sugarbush reveal bright orange mushrooms and gorgeous wild blooms like these:

 



                                                      The farmer who makes hay on the property next to ours is a bit behind schedule this year, so our favorite field on the hilltop, full of canary grass, clover, and orchard grass, has bloomed! 
It is so tall and thick that it provides perfect cover for lots of critters.  Yesterday, 3 wild turkeys flew up and scattered just four feet in front of me!  Surprised, I fumbled to get my camera up.  I captured this one, at least:



Ah...the beauty of June.....


Awhile back, I mentioned sharing maple syrup recipes with you. We've been experimenting and taste-testing for the past couple of months, and I've found some real winners! Stay tuned for some delicious recipes.  Maple syrup is definitely not just for pancakes and waffles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment