Tuesday, September 27, 2016

He's At It Again....





I usually only post about our adventures once or twice a month, saving more frequent updates for maple season, but... we've got some things going on that ya'll may find interesting, plus, I've got some great photos to share, so stick with me for the next week or so, okay?










My blog post title is referencing Don.  He's been buying and selling, bartering and trading!

I'm sure I've mentioned that my husband has quite a knack for this. And, because he has mad mechanical skills, he periodically buys equipment that has some "issues", cheaply, fixes it, uses it for a little while, then sells it for a profit...or makes a useful trade....and hopefully, a profitable trade.

This is how we either earn a little extra cash immediately...OR have a bit of fun for a while, then sell....
About three weeks ago, he decided it was time to sell the skidloader that he repaired last summer, then used to complete a couple of projects around here...(And, taught Rosie how to operate it!)  



About three days after posting an ad on the internet, he gets a message...A man about an hour from us is interested in trading.  At first Don blew it off because he wasn't all that interested in a trade at the moment, but the man contacted him a second time.  Don was intrigued by his offer...so he and Will made the hour-long trek northward to check it out...and the character making it.

I generally stay out of these things, because I've learned to trust Don's judgement with God's guidance.  My role, simple but profound, is to PRAY.  I often ask God to give Don the discernment to make wise choices and good deals.

Since I began doing this several years ago, his "deals" generally work out, although not always the way Don...or I.... visualized it!




This deal, however, was pretty sweet....


...We now own a comfy cruisin' motorcycle, no repairs needed at the moment...

(This is one we may have to keep for a long while!)









...And a 1987 Trans Am in great condition, needing only a few simple repairs and some detailing before we offer it for sale soon.  So now we're into classic cars, too?  Oh. My. Word...





Too many episodes of "Fast 'N Loud" with Gas Monkey Garage this summer?

Maybe I should've cancelled our Hulu account back in May?!



To be perfectly honest, though, I'm looking forward to taking it for a spin or two before it's sold....





























Even though it was on the chilly side this weekend, the magnificent sunshine and crisp blue sky beckoned us to take the newly-acquired bike out.


We had a BLAST riding around the Central New York countryside, as well as visiting our friends at Chatteau Dusseau, a local vineyard, for their grape harvest celebration.  More about that in my next blog, though... I've taken so many interesting photos the last few days, I can't share them all at once!  Enjoy these...



























We are so blessed... Blessed with rich experiences, meaningful relationships, and many opportunities to make precious memories together!

I've mentioned before how Don and I believe very firmly in experiential learning.  Reading about something in a book or online does not have the same impact as physically visiting a place or participating in a particular activity, or even hearing a first hand account of an event from someone who was there.

Unfortunately, life's responsibilities and the limitations of time and money mean we may not always be able to have experiences in grand fashion, but we take hold of the ones God places within our grasp.


Don and Will...hopefully Nate, too... have some incredible opportunities with Will's classic truck I shared a photo of last blog post, the Trans Am and the motorcycles currently in the family!

Come back in a few days to read and see the unique experience we shared with our girls recently.....




No comments:

Post a Comment