Saturday, October 15, 2016

Be Still...



We believe the Bible is the living Word of God.  

Within it's pages are wonderful history lessons, beautiful poetry, prophetic prose, God's character revealed, and  MANY directives from Him on how to live the full lives He has for us here on Earth.  


Most of these directives are simple, but not necessarily easy for us....for me.

One of my favorite verses is Psalm 46:10 -

"Be Still and Know that I am God;

I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in all the earth."



It's been in the forefront of my mind all this week.  Maybe because it's been so tough to just "Be still and know God" in these uncertain days.

I'm thinking of our country with the 2016 Election Day right around the corner.  Folks that were once friends now severely divided by our presidential choices (or lack thereof), our economic uncertainty, racial tensions running high... feeling so unsure of what the future United States will look like. The ideals and values that have made this country strong for so long are now crumbling quickly due to moral relativism, greed, selfishness and apathy.  But, I hold fast to my faith in a God who is much bigger than all of this.






There's also much uncertainty in our...my...personal life right now.  Our family...Westbrook Farm...is on the threshold of major changes... again

For one thing, I'm graduating from cosmetology school in just 3 months, prepared to start a new career.  But, that is only the tip of this proverbial iceberg.

Of course, when we moved to central New York four years ago, we knew this was just another season in our lives.  An opportunity provided by God for us to learn and grow, to strengthen our relationships with each other, with Him...to give us a different perspective on life, test our skills, our fortitude, our creativity...our ability to extend grace to others...and accept it.  And, so much more. 

But, in our hearts, Don and I always knew we would not settle up here permanently.  



I'll explain it all with more detail in my next blog post, as our path is revealed to us more clearly, but for today, I want us to concentrate on being still and knowing the greatness of our Creator.  

It is evident in His Word, in our lives, and in nature all around us.  

I'm really enjoying this gorgeous autumn!  

And, I'm trying to take a bit of time each day to just be still.  To just know God, and trust in His sovereignty over my life...




"Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;
His greatness no one can fathom.
One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your mighty acts.
They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty,
And I will meditate on your wonderful works.
They tell of the power of your awesome works,
And I will proclaim your great deeds.
They celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.
The Lord is gracious and compassionate, 
slow to anger and rich in love."     
Psalm 145: 3-8









Be still, My Friend, and enjoy a few more fall photos from our lovely valley in central New York...





Walking through the sugarbush this weekend




Hopefully, we'll be blessed with these rich autumn colors and lots of sunshine for a couple more weeks!  








Please, join me right here later this month for an update on our colt, Isaac, and other happenings at Westbrook Farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment