Saturday, August 16, 2014

Syrup? Sauce? Who cares- It's Heavenly!

About once a month, I serve breakfast....for dinner... at Westbrook Farm.  I have missed the past couple of months, so the kids cheered (a bit too excitedly) when I suggested it on Wednesday afternoon.
William and I stopped at Anderson's Farm Market, about 8 miles from us in Little York, for cantaloupe and sausage to go with our blueberry pancakes.




Since we have an abundance of blueberries at the moment, I decided to make a heavenly blueberry topping for our pancakes.  But.....I'm not sure whether to call it blueberry "sauce" or "syrup".  Here's the recipe - you decide....











JEN'S BLUEBERRY..... SAUCE?

2 cups blueberries
1-2 Tbs. orange juice
1 cup maple syrup





- Dump blueberries in a medium sauce pan and crush them gently as pan heats up to a low heat.  Add orange juice and maple syrup.  Bring to a slow boil.


- Mix about a tablespoon of cornstarch into about a 1/4 cup water.  Add to bubbling mixture.  Allow to thicken for a few minutes.  Remove sauce from heat and let cool slightly, then serve.






This sauce is absolutely delicious on pancakes, waffles, french toast, hot cereal and more!

So, as I was walking through the woods yesterday, I noticed that leaves are beginning to change.   

Already??  Ugh...

There are so many more things I hoped to accomplish this summer, but I guess I have to let them go....very hard for me!

Still hoping to get in a hike or two before it gets too cold for these bones, so stay tuned for photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment