Monday, October 26, 2015

Time Marches On...

Remember that tree I showed you in my last post?  Here it is, again, just four days later:


Wow!  A vivid coral color now, but in just a day or two it will look like a burning bush!




We're another week closer to....WINTER!  Though it is definitely not my favorite season, especially as bitter cold as its been up here the past two winters, I am really trying to focus on the positives....

I'll let ya'll know when I get there!






In the meantime,  this weekend we took a few more autumn photos worth sharing.  I hope you enjoy them....






A few weeks ago, Don built this natural bridge over the small creek that ambles through our property.

Now we have better access for hiking, hunting and tapping the numerous maples on that side.

Thanks, Dear!





We "winterized" the garden this weekend.

Apparently, the twelve baby strawberry plants I purchased from that little roadside nursery back in June, REALLY like our rich soil!







They exploded with new life, to the point that we had to separate and thin the rows today before covering the bed with straw.



                                                                                                                 The chickens are adjusting to their new coop and area.  Many of them are molting at the moment, though, so egg production is low.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
            Sassy Anna is adjusting to her new home, and seems to quite enjoy our daily sojourn.                                                                                                        



I had the inclination to bake this weekend, so I asked my dearly beloved for his request.....



Spiced apple cake it is!  I wish you could've smelled it baking - Mmmmmm!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Served with a cup o' Java - the extra special stuff I keep stashed away for when we're having company.                                                                                                                                                                     I believe he was in heaven, and that always warms my heart!
We like to add a bit of our dark maple syrup to our coffee.  It's delicious that way.

Hope you had a great weekend, and enjoy the rest of autumn wherever you live!

No comments:

Post a Comment